Posted July 2021
Business Development Officer
Athena Global Alliance is a decade-old niche consulting firm in impact investing, with a current focus in emerging market financial services. Athena is administering a program in Indonesia to support lending to small and growing businesses, with a focus on women-owned/women-led businesses, called BIDUK. The Business Development Officer is expected to collaboratively support a small but growing global team for the BIDUK project in Indonesia.
This role can be either full time or on a consulting basis. In either case, the role is best suited for an individual with some previous experience in development programs and/or financial sector including microfinance, fintech, banking or private equity/venture capital. The position requires local, Jakarta-based support, fluent in Bahasa Indonesian. Ideally, the candidate would also have basic English skills, although not required. The chosen candidate will be able to work independently and effectively collaborate with international remote teams.
More information about Athena Global Alliance is available here: www.athenaglobalalliance.com and our lead program, BIDUK, here: https://ixc.dfat.gov.au/projects/frontier-brokers/ .
Key Aspects of the Role
The Business Development Officer will be supporting the business development area of BIDUK’s operations, with responsibilities as follow:
Supporting the BIDUK Lending team with:
- Desktop research in finding potential clients and partners
- Developing and updating database of potential client pipelines
- Assist in performing desktop study of the business of the potential client pipelines
- Conduct initial cold-call or cold-email to the potential client
- Develop pre-screen and screening criteria and ratings for potential pipeline
- Regularly report on progress, as well as provide feedback on developing effective screens
- Any other ad-hoc assignment related to business development activities
The Successful Applicant
To be successful, you should be/have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, Communication, or related fields.
- Minimum 1-year experience working in a client-facing position, fresh graduates are allowed to apply.
- Good written and verbal communications skills in English preferred; excellent written and verbal communication skills in Bahasa Indonesian required.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with colleagues remotely using Zoom, Whatsapp, and other digital communication platforms.
- Good attention to detail.
- Proactive, with a strong attitude toward compliance.
- Authorized to work in Indonesia.
- Previous experience in developing sales leads, canvassing, or conducting desktop study related to sales or partnership activities.
- Previous experience in business development role.
- Familiarity with small- and medium-sized enterprises and lending in Indonesia.
To apply, please send a one-page cover letter highlighting your experience and a CV or resume to: [email protected]
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and CV/resume in English by email not later than 31 July, 2021 and include your availability as well as remuneration expectations.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the call for applications early.
Equity, diversity and inclusion is fundamental to the Athena culture. We strive to create a workplace environment that ensures inclusivity, respect, opportunity and collaboration.
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to racial and gender equality, girls’ rights, and diversity and inclusion for everyone, while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of racial and gender equality and inclusion.